Sustainability and Digitalization in Public Infrastructure Procurement – 12 July 2023
- Follow up on this year`s idea mapping effort and further develop strategy implementation projects.
- Support the implementation of innovative practices regarding sustainability in construction.
- Promote policy mechanisms that could decrease CO2 footprint in the construction industry.
- Offer networking opportunities to all interested actors in order to encourage knowledge exchange regarding innovative public procurement practices. Policy mechanisms and financial framework that support sustainable construction through public procurement.
- Map ideas for policy mechanism and best practices for sustainable procurement for public infrastructure:
- CO2 reduction and sustainability through public procurement.
- Low carbon cement in construction in public infrastructure.
- Sustainable procurement best practices from across Europe – technology and policy know-how.
- Digitalization of the project’s life cycle (from tendering to execution and maintenance).
- 10.00 – 10.05 – Greeting participants.
- 10.05 – 10.10 – Round of introduction.
- 10.10 – 10.30 – Keynote: Martin Schneider, Association for the German Cement Industry (VDZ) – Green Markets for Sustainable Cements and Concretes.
- 10.30 – 10. 50 Keynote: Valentina Schippers-Opejko, Urban Agenda Partnership on Innovative and Responsible Public Procurement / Chair of the Eurocities Working Group on Public Procurement – Circular infrastructure in practice.
- 10.50 – 12.00– Panel discussion: Brainstorming on strategic, legal, political, administrative and economic challenges and solutions to improve sustainable procurement
- Dr. Martin Schneider, Association for the German Cement Industry.
- Valentina Schippers-Opejko (Urban Agenda Partnership on Innovative and Responsible Public Procurement / Chair of the Eurocities Working Group on Public Procurement).
- Dr. Gerhard Weiner (Head of the naBe-Platform, the Service Center of the Austrian Sustainable Public Procurement Action Plan)
- Yasen Markov (Ministry of Transportation and Communication of Bulgaria).
- Enrico Fibig and Tomasz Wojtczak, Amiblu Austria / Poland.
- Przemysław Ostrowski (The Center for EU Transport Projects, Poland).
- Dr. Abby Semple (Public Procurement Analysis, UK / Greenville Procurement Partners, Ireland).
- César Bartolomé Muñoz (EUPAVE).
- Prof. Dr. Mario Galic (University of Osijek, Croatia).
- 12.00 – 12.25 – Drafting a public policy proposal open for stakeholder inputs(round-based discussion all participants).
- 12.25 – 12.30 – Wrap up and follow-up steps.
Read and discuss the draft policy papers
- All key strategy actors (ministers, public officials, municipalities, industry associations, chambers of commerce, smart solution providers) in Europe with an initial focus on Central and Southeastern Europe.
To regularly exchange technical, operational, and strategic know-how and best practices on smart and digital solutions.
To conduct training for service companies and municipalities on sustainable construction.
- To develop strategy recommendations and position papers to improve the legal, political and economic environment for smart and green solutions.
To develop projects on CO2 reduction and to implement them.