weTHINK. – University of Leoben RDF & SRF Position Paper Workshop: 30 May 2023
● weTHINK. together with its partners will publish a position paper on Refuse Derived Fuels (RDF) and their energy utilization in the cement industry.
● To serve as a technical argumentation of the advantages, strengths and opportunities of using RDF for stakeholders and decision-makers.
● Taking into account different areas of the RDF value chain
○ Starting with the production, through the qualities and quality assurance, to the utilization of RDF in the cement industry.
● Outlining the (inter)national norms, regulations, guidelines, technical standards and scientific publications and reports etc.
The goals of the project are:
● To establish a scientifically based, independent answer to all relevant questions of the permitting authorities regarding RDF & SRF application in the industry.
● To raise the acceptance of RDF & SRF usage in the industry by the public, media and politicians.
● To contribute to the reduction of the landfill rate to the EU target level of 10% of waste / country.
As part of this work package, the relevant documents on RDF/SRF are researched, analyzed and summarized according to project goals. The research focuses on the following areas:
● Legal requirements.
● Normative rules.
● Technical standards.
● Technological reports.
● Scientific publications.
- 10.00 – 10.10 Agenda and project goals (Ingo Mayr-Knoch, weTHINK.).
- 10.10 – 10.15 Presentation of participants.
- 10.15 – 10.45 Presentation of the position paper draft (content, questions, answers, database) by the Univ. of Leoben (Prof. Roland Pomberger, Dr. Renato Sarc).
- 10.45 – 11.45 Update on the goals, messages and outline of the position paper (All).
- 11.45 – 12.00 Next steps timeline (Ingo Mayr-Knoch, weTHINK.).
Join our Strategy Groups!
You want to discuss more about this topic? Join our Strategy Group on Waste and continue the discussion on wethink.eu! Click the button below to register and to join our groups. If you are not sure how to do that, check out our FAQ page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We bring together all key strategy actors (ministers, public officials, municipalities, industry associations, waste collection, recycling/ treatment companies, in Europe with an initial focus on Southeastern Europe and Eastern Europe.
- Through closed groups on the online crowd knowledge platform – weTHINK.eu.
- Through bi-monthly online working group meetings and two bi-annual online conferences.
- To regularly exchange, technical operational and strategic know how and best practices on waste and waste management.
- To conduct training for service companies and municipalities on water and waste management.
- To develop strategy recommendations and position papers to improve the legal, political and economic environment for successful waste circularity.
- To develop projects on waste circularity and to implement them.
- To improve waste circularity in Europe.