Public procurement in the construction sector
- Support the implementation of innovative practices to support sustainability in construction.
- Promote policy mechanisms that could decrease CO2 footprint of the construction industry.
- Enhance regional and European cooperation to encourage knowledge exchange regarding innovative public procurement practices.
Join our Strategy Groups!
- CO2 reduction through sustainable public procurement.
- Education, knowledge exchange and cooperation at the regional level to support implementation of innovative practices.
- Policy mechanisms and framework to support sustainable construction through public procurement.
- Examples of good practices from across the region – technology and policy know-how.
- 11.00 – 11.05 – Greeting participants.
- 11.05 – 11.15 – Round of introduction.
- 11.15 – 11.30 – Presentation – Policy proposal – 10 most needed changes regarding public procurement in construction in CEEC.
- 11.30 – 11.55 – Open discussion on the proposed measures.
- 11.55 – 12.15 – Drafting a public policy proposal open for stakeholder inputs.
- 12.15 – 12.30 – Wrap up and follow-up steps.
Sorin studied at the Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, where he claimed his Ph.D. in Geography (Sustainable development). Additionally, he has a MA in Political Science which he studied at the Central European University, Budapest, Hungary for.