weTHINK.eu Waste Circularity Group meeting – December
Fill out questions to prepare the discussion:
Please find below the questions on waste circularity to prepare our bi-monthly working group and already start the discussion.
Please put your answers after the bullet points and add additional questions, challenges, and solutions that you are interested in. Please mark your name or the country that you are from after your statements.
- 1400 – 1405 Goal and agenda of working group (Ingo Mayr-Knoch weTHINK.eu)
- 1405 – 1410 Introduction round of participants (name, institution, interest)
- 1410 – 1420 Keynote 1 – Mattia Pellegrini, Head of Waste Management and Secondary Material, EU DG Environment, Circular Economy and Green Growth.
- 1420 – 1430 Keynote 2- waste technical challenges and solutions -The Role and Contribution of the Cement Industry for Waste Management – State of the Art and Technology at Alpacem; – Florian Salzer and Thomas Fellner – Scheuch Austria
- 1430 – 1600 Present, discuss, decide topics and timeplan for policy papers.
- We bring together all key strategy actors (ministers, public officials, municipalities, industry associations, waste collection, recycling/ treatment companies, in Europe with an initial focus on Southeastern Europe and Eastern Europe.
- Through closed groups on the online crowd knowledge platform – weTHINK.eu.
- Through bi-monthly online working group meetings and two bi-annual online conferences.
- To regularly exchange, technical operational and strategic know how and best practices on waste and waste management.
- To conduct training for service companies and municipalities on water and waste management.
- To develop strategy recommendations and position papers to improve the legal, political and economic environment for successful waste circularity.
- To develop projects on waste circularity and to implement them.
- To improve waste circularity in Europe.