weTHINK.eu Waste Circularity Group meeting – 2022
- 1000 – 1005 Goal and agenda of working group (Ingo Mayr-Knoch weTHINK.eu)
- 1005 – 1010 Introduction round of participants (name, institution, interest)
- 1010 – 1040 Keynote 1 – Dr. Marco Ritzkowski IWWG / TUHH:
- Best practices towards landfill reduction and enhanced sustainability
- Possibilities for landfill aftercare
- Sustainable landfill design and operation
- 1040 – 1055 Keynote 2 – Prof. Jan Deja, University of Science and Technology in Kraków, Polish Cement Association, Dr. Eng. Bożena Środa, Polish Cement Association:
- Role of the cement sector in waste circularity in Poland
- 1055 – 1300 Present and discuss mapping for policy papers.
- We bring together all key strategy actors (ministers, public officials, municipalities, industry associations, waste collection, recycling/ treatment companies, in Europe with an initial focus on Southeastern Europe and Eastern Europe.
- Through closed groups on the online crowd knowledge platform – weTHINK.eu.
- Through bi-monthly online working group meetings and two bi-annual online conferences.
- To regularly exchange, technical operational and strategic know how and best practices on waste and waste management.
- To conduct training for service companies and municipalities on water and waste management.
- To develop strategy recommendations and position papers to improve the legal, political and economic environment for successful waste circularity.
- To develop projects on waste circularity and to implement them.
- To improve waste circularity in Europe.