Smart city for sustainable Construction – November
- Establish working groups to facilitate the implementation of smart city solutions for sustainable urban and rural development.
- Offer the networking opportunity to all interested actors to connect at the regional scale and organize partnerships to implement smart city solutions.
- Identify key financing opportunities to support the implementation of smart city solutions in the CEEC region.
- The role of modular training: between benefits and challenges – administrative, financial, and legal pathways.
- From smart cities to green cities.
- Financing smart city solutions – European and national level financing.
- 11.00 – 11.05 – Greeting participants.
- 11.05 – 11.10 – Round of introduction.
- 11.10 – 11.45 – Presentation – Concrete Core Cooling and Heating: a CO2 saving building material solution (Sebastian Spaun – Association of Austrian Cement Industry).
- 11.45 – 12.25 – Open discussion – how to support smart city solutions across the CEEC (round-based discussion for all participants).
- 12.25 – 12.30 – wrap up and follow-up steps.
weTHINK. Smart city for sustainable construction working group
- We bring together all key strategy actors (ministers, public officials, municipalities, industry associations, chambers of commerce, smart solution providers) in Europe with an initial focus on Central and Eastern Europe.
- Through closed groups on the online crowd knowledge platform – weTHINK.eu.
- Through bi-monthly online working group meetings and two bi-annual online conferences.
- To regularly exchange, technical, operational, and strategic know-how and best practices on smart solutions.
- To conduct training for service companies and municipalities on sustainable construction.
- To develop strategy recommendations and position papers to improve the legal, political and economic environment of smart city solutions.
- To develop projects on sustainability in construction and to implement them.